Why you need a specialist firm of chartered accountants

This may surprise you but any Tom, Dick or Harry can call themselves an accountant. They don't have to be qualified. I've met the Toms, the Dicks and the Harrys and seen the mistakes they've made, you don't need their "advice" or help.

Only someone who is a member of one of the Chartered Institutes is allowed to call him or herself a chartered accountant. Behind the title you know that a chartered accountant has spent many hours studying to pass exams to ensure he or she gives you the correct advice. Having qualified they have to commit to continuing professional education to keep up to date. They must also have professional indemnity insurance in case they give the wrong advice and you also have the option if you're unhappy with their behaviour of complaining to the Institute (who will come down on them like a ton of bricks).

Second you need someone who specialises in your industry because what you do is specialist and you don't want an amateur advising you. Leaving aside the respect aspect which I've covered below you need someone who will make sure that you stay the right side of the law but who is able to advise you what you claim in expenses. It never ceases to surprise me the expenses clients are "afraid to claim" because they're frightened of HMRC. Having said that you need someone who is prepared to stand up to HMRC and fight your corner.

A specialist chartered accountant will do this. A Tom, Dick or Harry won't.

You're in a profession just like us

So make sure you choose accountants who respect your profession. Far too many firms snigger at clients in the adult entertainment industry. As an accountant I question whether those firms give their best in that situation.

Find a firm that treats you with respect from the start.


We've been in business more than 30 years but more importantly we've had more than 45 years experience of dealing with self-employed business owners and limited companies.

The legal details

SexAccountants is a trading name of 3CA Limited Chartered Accountants.


This product has been added to your cart